Thursday, March 19, 2009

what? is this really week 7???

Okay. So those first seven weeks were prep, okay? Let's not count them. Or, no, we should count them. Fine we will count them!

ANYWAYS. Since recommitting myself to portion control via ww, I have had a couple bad weeks and one good week, leading to a 2 lb gain and then a 7 lb loss, netting myself rid of the 5 lbs that pushed me over the edge back into the beloved structure of points in the first place. I'm still doing well-but-not-awesome on exercise, averaging 3-4 times a week instead of the goal of 6x a week. I'm talking 30 minute workout sessions here ladies, so it should be doable. So here's what's coming up for me goalwise:

1. Exercise - I want to start wearing the fantastic pedometer my mom got me for Christmas, and once I've got some idea what my average is for steps per day is, start working to increase it. I have also been neglecting stretching and arm workouts for the higher calorie burning abs, buns, and thighs workouts, so I'd like to add these in, maybe in the evenings before bed since they're not too sweaty.

2. Food: Don't hate me, ladies, but I've resorted to frozen portion controlled meals for lunch and dinner. I know it's not very natural but this is temporary. I have come to the realization that I can't control my own portions right now - tracking my normal food consumption for a couple weeks made this abundantly clear- so for the next few weeks no eating out, and we'll either be cooking straight from the ww website or using frozen food.

So here's what a typical day is for me right now, and it seems to be working.

Get up, drink glass of warm water.
30 min workout(-2 points)
Breakfast
1 glass Green Lemonade (1 point)
Snack
Banana(2 points)
coffee w/2 sugar packets and 2 tblsp cream (2 points)
Lunch
5-7 point frozen meal
Dinner
5-7 point frozen meal OR homemade ww recipe
fresh salad (1-2 points)
3-4 point dessert (pre-assembled ww, or 1 cup fat free frozen yogurt.)


It all adds up to a 21-22 point day, and my ww target is 21 points not counting exercise. Plus with the banana, salad, and Green Lemonade I'm getting more than 5 servings of fruit/veggies per day. I'm also drinking 4-6 cups of red tea, which has the double benefit of hydrating, appetite curbing, and flooding my body with anti-oxidants.

I've done this successfully for four days. But I think it's something I can keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment