Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Week 7 Check In

Buzzzzzzzing today. Did a liver cleanse this morning that sounded less horrific than some of the others [A, I believe you did the 1/2c. olive oil one?] but was still an unusual way to start the day. The drink was:

1/2c. tomato juice
2T olive oil
1 clove fresh garlic
1t turmeric

Blended and taken down. I waited 15 minutes + repeated. I did not vomit, though the mind REELS at the 500 calorie intake. Do I count this as a supplement? A normal 'meal'? After the two drinks you're supposed to wait 90 minutes before eating or drinking, so I did my Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga DVD [nerd] and [it's about to get personal] a coffee enema. Sounds ridiculous, I know, especially for someone who has quit drinking coffee. However, the coffee stimulates something in bile production and/or bile ducts [too lazy to Google it right now] and helps push out what you're clearing with the liver cleansing tomato juice. I figure if I have to drink that stuff, I want to hedge my bets that it will be effective and do EVERYTHING I can.

Also doing well with the smoothies, my kidney cleanse caps, hydration, etc. Other than Friday night's diet killing party at JR's [cake, pudding, oreos, cheese sticks, oh my] I've been really happy with my food intake.

My workouts, however, have been a disaster. Going out two nights last week on top of a busy work + home schedule was murder. Monday I had a lame workout, Tuesday I had a lame workout, DIDN'T WORK OUT WEDNESDAY. OR THURSDAY. Did some bits on Friday, NOTHING SATURDAY. Had high hopes for Sunday, but DROPPED A 100 POUND BOX ON MY ANKLE. That ruined not only Sunday but MONDAY while I watched bruises form, applying arnica and elevating with ice.

Tonight my workout lull comes to an end. I have a 3 hour date with 24 hour fitness, and I will win out over my inertia. My happy liver and I may even get on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment